Saint Micheal and All Angels Episcopal Church, photo submitted in 1980.
Click above images to enlarge

Saint Michael and All Angels Church
Old Monroe Pike Road (corner of US-12 and M-50), Cambridge Junction - Lenawee County
Property Type church
Historic Use RELIGION/religious facility
Current Use RELIGION/religious facility
Style Gothic Revival
Narrative Description Saint Michael and All Angels Episcopal Church began in 1840 with religious meetings held by the Reverend William N. Lyster, who had settled at Sand Lake, several miles east of Cambridge Junction, three years earlier. In 1843, several area residents organized the vestry of Saint Michael and All Angels Church and, in 1854, the body officially established the church and voted to join the Episcopalian community. Construction of the present brick, Gothic Revival church building, the only one the congregation has ever had, was begun in 1855 and brought to completion in the fall of 1858. The church's modest size and simple detailing belie the building's importance as the hard-won home of a pioneer church which served a far-flung and sparsely populated rural parish.
Period of Significance 1826-1865
Significant Date(s) 1855-1858
Registry Type(s) 10/02/1980 State Register listed
Site ID# P23934