Pease Auditorium, photo submitted 1984
Click above images to enlarge

Pease Auditorium
College Place on the Eastern Michigan University campus, Ypsilanti - Washtenaw County
Property Type auditorium
Historic Use EDUCATION
Current Use EDUCATION/school
Style Classical Revival
Architect/Builder Smith, Hinchman and Grylls
Significant Person Fredric H. Pease
Narrative Description Pease Auditorium is a broad-fronted, end-gable-roof, red brick, Neo-Classical revival structure with cream color terra cotta detailing, including the main cornice, the water table, the facade's columns and pilasters and their capitals, and the entablature. It is a rectangular structure with projecting wings on each side. The main auditorium portion is roofed by a gable facing the street, while the extensions to the sides, front and rear, are flat-roofed.
Statement of Significance Pease Auditorium is significant as the long-time center of musical culture for the Eastern Michigan University and Ypsilanti and as a landmark of the Neo-Classical Revival style. Pease directed and composed at the University for forty-six years.
Period of Significance 1901-1930
Significant Date(s) Built 1915
Registry Type(s) 10/04/1984 National Register listed
Site ID# P24953